After my last two blogposts , many of you asked “Why Docker on a Raspberry?” if you can install all the software directly (“There are so much tutorials“). Yeah, that’s right – but think how much work you have to invest to get the following setup running:
- Raspberry Pi 2 & 2 RTL-SDR Sticks
- Nr 1 is monitoring ADSB via dump1090
- Nr 2 is monitoring ACARS on 2 frequencies via acarsdec
- FR24FEED (www.flightradar24.com) is taking the data from dump1090 and feeds it to FR24
- FlightAirMap (PHP/MySQL) is taking the data from acarsdec and dump1090 to generate a comprehensive statistic and live map of your received data.
- A Mysql server for storing the Data behind FlightAirMap
You need five services which you have to install/compile, to configure, to link and to manage.
But there is a much more convenient solution: docker-compose and one (!) configuration file 🙂
|FlightAirMap & dump1090 Screenshots|